Area Photos and Information
Creeks & Rills near your Property
The three Sharp and Fulton county communities we own and sell land in are located within five miles of each other.
Cherokee Village is a private lake and golf community
John A. Cooper, Sr. started Cherokee Village in 1954 with 2,400 acres and a vision. This community was to have the conveniences of the city but with an abundance of hills, woods, water and natural wildlife. Located near the juncture of the South Fork and Spring Rivers, it was the state's first planned resort retirement community and among the first of its kind in the world. The response was so great that the vision had to be enlarged several times.
In 1998 Cherokee Village was incorporated and became the largest town in Sharp County. The Village now covers 13,190 acres of beautiful Ozark hills with, seven lakes, a marina, two golf courses, recreational facilities, parks and hiking trails, restaurants, airport, hospital, town center with shops, business offices, post office and City Hall. The court yard of the town center is used for ice cream socials and year around events.
Woodland Hills is a private lake community within the Town of Hardy
Prior to 1880, Hardy did not exist. Only a few families lived in this heavily timbered area, and not until the completion of the railroad did the boom times come. Thanks to the railroad, much was needed. The town of Hardy was officially founded in 1883, and was named for James A. Hardy, Jr., a 25-year-old trackage subcontractor that saved his boss's life.
In 1994, Hardy was made County Seat of Sharp County's Northern District, with Evening Shade being county Seat of the Southern District. The present County Seat is Ash Flat, a town bordering Highland, established when the two districts were combined in 1967.
Today, Hardy retains its "old town" flavor. The downtown area looks much like it did during Model-T-days...and the merchants work at keeping it that way. Several of these same buildings are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Most of the modern changes have occurred at the ends of town, leaving the heart of Main Street a tiny preserve for quality antique shops, craft stores, specialty shops, gift nooks, and a variety of museums. Campgrounds, cabins, motels, bed and breakfasts are available for lodging and several restaurants from fast food franchises to full service. Two city parks, one on Main Street and the other at Buford Beach overlooking the cool, clear waters of Spring River that flow just one block off Main Street. The Spring River offers swimming, excellent fishing and canoeing as well as picnic areas.
Hidden Valley is a lake community within the Town of Highland
The recent incorporated city of Highland is the second most populated town in the Spring River Area. Highland was named on account of its elevation. It is centrally located in the Spring River Area and is the fasting growing business area, with two strip malls, a movie theater, several restaurants, medical clinics, pharmacies, dance studio, exercise facilities, approximately 180 retail businesses, and new business on the way.
Home of the Rebels. In the 1880's school was held in a one room church building that had been constructed by community-donated labor. The building was also used as a community center. It was of oak frame with pine weather- boarding. Inside walls were of planed pine. There was a sheet iron metal roof. In the early 1900's a new cobblestone building was erected near the old.
Today's Highland school District covers an area of 261 square miles making it the 45th largest school district in Arkansas. The school's campuses are centrally located on eighty acres. School colors are red & gray, and the school mascot is the Rebel. Extracurricular activities include band, choir, football, basketball, track, golf, tennis, and cheer leading. High school students also participate in Beta Club, Builders Club, FBLA, FFA, FHA/HERO, Key Club, National Honor Society, RAD (Rebels Against Drugs), SOUL (Students Offering to Save Lives), and the REBEL yearbook staff.
Clubs and Organizations
This sampling of local clubs and organizations is, for the most part, based in Cherokee Village. The majority, however, are open to anyone who may be interested.
|AA||C V Lions||Hospice Volunteers|
|AARP||C V POE Area Group||Hunt & Gun Club|
|AARP - 55 Live||C V Player Theatre||Kiwanis|
|Alzheimer Support Group||C V Square Dancers||Knights of Columbus|
|Amateur Radio Club||Delta Kappa Gamma - Beta Upsilon Chapter||Knitting Class|
|American Cancer Society||Democratic Club off Sharp Co.||Ladies Thursday Afternoon Card Club|
|American Legion||Diabetic Support Group||League of Women Voters lifeline|
|American Legion Aux.||Disabled America Veterans||Marathon Bridge|
|Ark. Promise for Youth||Duplicate Bridge||Masonic Lodge|
|Assoc. for a Clean Environment||EORHS Hospital Aux.||Master Gardeners|
|Ball Room Dancing||Elks Lodge No. 2539||Military Order of Purple Heart|
|Band, N.E. Ozark Community||Euchre Club||Natl. Assoc. of Retired Federal Employees|
|Beta Sigma Phi||Fibromyalgia Support Group||NSDAR|
|Boy Scouts of America||Firemen, Volunteer||Omaha Health & Fitness Club|
|Camera Club||Friends of the Library||Order of Easter Star|
|Chanute Lakesiders||Gem & Mineral Club||Ozark Family Development Ctr. Pilots for Christ, Intl.|
|Cherokee Gardeners||Gideon's Intl. Sharp Co. Camp||Property Owners Assoc.|
|China Painters||Girl Scouts of USA||Recovery Inc.|
|Christian Women's Club||Golf- Assoc. - CV Men||Republican Women of Sharp Co.|
|Clef Hangers||Golf- 9 Hole- CV Women||Sat. Night Card Social Senior|
|Community Chorus||Golf-18 Hole-CV Women||Bowling League|
|CPR Classes||HAUG Computer Club|
|C V Business Assoc.||Heart Assoc. of Sharp Co.|
|C V Horseshoe Pitchers||Hill & Dale Garden Club|
|C V Indian Lions||Hobby Club|
Sharp Co. Homemakers Council
|Sharp Co. Literacy Council||Michigan|
|Shrine Ladies Fez Club||Ohio|
|Spring River Entertainment Assoc.|
|Spring River Model Club|
|Spring River Shrine Club|
|Spring River Sportsmen|
|Swim for Health Club|
|Tri-County Nurses Group.|
|Veterans of Foreign Wars Wheels for the World|
|Wilson Masonic Lodge|
Press Control-D to Add this Page to your Favorites